Meet The Team
Highland's Underwriting team has the knowledge, expertise, and platform to drive cases from initial submission to completion. We leverage our unsurpassed knowledge of medical and financial underwriting, broad product acumen, and distinguished advanced planning expertise to negotiate and secure the most competitive pricing in the market.
Director, SWAT Underwriting
Managing Principal, Brokerage Distribution, SWAT Underwriting
- Integrate a superior underwriting presence during the pre-sales, sales, new business, and post sales process.
- Execute through mentoring, underwriting advocacy, and accessible resources.
- Demonstrate our underwriting excellence to our carrier partners through an efficient, consistent, and intelligent management of underwriting challenges to obtain the most fair and favorable outcome for our clients.
- Provide pre-sale underwriting opinions
- Manage quick quotes from carrier on less complex underwriting issues
- Assist in carrier selection by evaluating carrier underwriting strengths
- Partner with internal sales resources to properly position cases
- Partner with sales associates as a key customer connection into Highland
- Summarize complex medical history for submission to carriers
- Assist with and create cover letters
- Work closely with the case managers to assist with underwriting issues encountered during the new business process
- Provide direction to order appropriate medical records
- Negotiate carrier offers where appropriate to ensure the best underwriting offer is received
- Manage complex and jumbo cases – SWAT Underwriting
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with Highland-dedicated teams at our carrier partners
Our robust library of underwriting guidelines and resources is available to financial professionals. To access additional resources, login or register for an account today.